There will be Science/ Commerce/ Humanities Project Exhibition on 15 Dec. 2018.
1. Two JBA delegates (Harshit Chaudhary and Neetika Khandelwal - Cl. X) won ‘High Commendation’ awards in Model United Nations organized by Delhi Public School, DPS Indiranagar, Lucknow.
2. Sahodaya Faizabad Model United Nations with participation of 14 CBSE school teams was successfully organized by the Academy on the occasion of United Nations Day.
3. Our team comprising Saamya Gautam and Kislay Pandey (Cl. XI) Pandey won 1st prize in district level inter-school debate competition organized by Head Post Office on the occasion of ‘Vigilance Awareness Week’.
4. Yashaswini Ojha (Cl. IX) won 1st prize in Debate and Sudheesh Gupta (Cl. VIII) 3rd prize in E-collage events of the COFAS international at CMS, Lucknow featuring more than 70 prestigious schools from the country and a few from abroad.
5. Shreya Verma (Cl. VIII) and Harshal (Cl. VII) won the inter-school quiz conducted by Oxford University Press featuring 18 schools.
6. Mohd. Aaquib and Shivang Shukla won 1st prize in the “Electra” science project competition at Jhunjhunwala Business School. They were the only school team, the rest being college students.
7. In School Games Federation of India events our Boys team won the district sub-junior Soccer. Alind Yadav (Cl. VII) and
Nikhil Hasani (Cl. IX) participated in open state Badminton championship at Agra and qualified for the nationals.
8. In CBSE cluster events, our Badminton team reached quarter finals, Athletics team won a Silver and three Bronze medals, Soccer team wonSilver medal - first ever in CBSE clusters by any team from Faizabad, and Table Tennis team won two Bronze medals each in team and individual events and Silver medals in one individual and two team events and qualified for the nationals.
9. Annual Day – 2018 was organized successfully with Dr. Virendra Tripathi (Ex-Principal, SSV Inter College) as the Chief Guest and
Mr. Krishna Agarwal (1996 batch) as the Guest of Honour.
Sanchi House won the Tableau competition, while the Cock House Trophy was won by Nalanda House.
Social Activist Dr. Iqbal Malik (Founder Director ‘Vatavaran, Delhi) and her associate Ms. Aditi Garg conducted workshop on ‘solid waste management’ for the the students and teachers.
Sudents of Class VIII-C went for bird watching at Company Garden with the Birdman of Faizabad Mr. Ajad Singh.
Classes IX B & C went on field trip to Saarnath, Ramnagar and other places of educational value in Varanasi.
The students of classes VII, VIII and IX had an awareness session on ‘Juvenile Delinquency’ with Mr. Gyan Prakash Tiwari (Civil Judge Senior Division and Secretary – District Legal Service Authority).
Alind Yadav (Cl. VII) and Nikhil Hasani (Cl. IX) participated in the state level Badminton tournament conducted by SGFI at Agra and qualified for the nationals.
Table Tennis teams of U-17 Girls and U-14 Boys and Kamal Shukla (individual) have qualified for the nationals of the TableTennis tournament of CBSE.
Middle school dance group children won second prize in the inter-school Dandia competition held at Tiny Tots featuring nine schools.
A group of 14 students accompanied by Ms. Swapnil Maurya left for Lucknow for participation in MUN being organized by DPS Indira Nagar.
Hindi week was celebrated from 10th to 14th September. The highlights were –
· A melodious Ganesh Vandana by vocal music group and a video of an inspiring talk by a Korean girl learning Hindi.
· Kavi Sammelan with self-composed and other poems.
· Hindi Quiz for middle school a truly professional manner.
· Hindi play “Vishwa Kalyan’.
· Jhalakiyan - ‘Mahabharat ki Adharshila’, ‘Ayodhya ka Rajmahal’ and ‘Dua ka Asar’.
- Ms. Reema Ahuja and Mr. Devesh Manucha attended a workshop on ‘Life Skills’ conducted by the CBSE at DRM Public School, Ganja, Faizabad.
- Ms. Manu Kumar and Mr. KK Mishra attended a capacity building workshop on ‘Remodeled Structure of Assessment’ conducted by the CBSE at Awadh International School.
- Mr. KK Mishra and Ms. Swapnil Maurya attended a workshop on ‘Career Guidance in Schools’ conducted by CBSE at KT Public School, Faizabad.
- Social Activist Dr. Iqbal Malik (Founder Director ‘Vatavaran, Delhi) and her associate Ms. Aditi Garg conducted workshop on ‘solid waste management’ for the teachers of JBA and YVM (VI-XII), members of JBNSS and other invited guest from the town. Dr. Malik had a special interactive session with all the girls, students of VII-D and the student members of Eco and Maintenance committees on ‘personal hygiene’.
- A mesmerizing and ecstatic vocal recital including Guru Vandana, Raag Yaman, description of Sarangi etc. was presented by Padma Shri Soma Ghosh under the Virasat – 2018 series of SPICMACAY.<>/span>
Cinematographer Mr. Amitabha Singh (Cinevidya, Mumbai) conducted a workshop for the students of ‘Media Lab’ group with focus on operational aspects of the Lab – writing, direction, sound & light, editing etc.
Sri Krishna Janmashtami was celebrated with a beautiful bhajan by vocal group and a dance-drama directed by Ms. Priyanshi Rastogi - dance trainer and a JBA alumna.
Class XI Humanities students went on an educational trip to Bhopal.
72nd Independence day was celebrated with traditional patriotic spirit - flag unfurling, tree plantation and inter-house national song and folk dance competitions judged by Ms. Rubina Banerjee and Mr. Gunjan Vasant from Lucknow and Ms. Seema Kalra (local).
The media group students shot the event under the guidance of the resource persons of Cinevidya – Mr. Adwait Singh and Mr. Sudesh Iyer.
Ms. Prapba Saxena, Ms. Sudha Mishra and Mr. Raghvendra Awasthi attended a workshop for Hindi teachers at Aditya Birla Public School, Jagdishpur.
Sahodaya Table Tennis tournament was organized by the Academy. A total of eight schools – Cambrian, Sunbeam, TTS, FPS, UPS, JBADB, YVM and JBA, participated in the event. JBA team won in all four categories. The runners up were JBA Day Boarding (U-14 & U-19 Girls) and Sunbeam (U-14 & U-19 Boys).
Senior boys team won Sahodaya Soccer tournament by defeating the host team – Avadh International School. Earlier they had defeated Tiny Tots and Anil Saraswati teams in the knock out matches.
Mr. CK Palit - Principal, Sunbeam School, Mughal Sarai accompanied by his PGT Physics Mr. Shashi Tiwari came on a familiarization visit to Academy.
Students of Class XII (Psychology) visited Astha Health Resort (an Old Age Home) and Nirvan Hospital for Psychiatry, Lucknow.
Humanities students (Cl. XI & XII) attended an interaction session with Ms. Aishwarya Srivastava, a PG student of Archeology at Deccan University, Pune.
Two work-awayers Ms. Aline (France) and Mr. Clement (Switzerland) interacted with the students of Class VIII on the topic ‘Mindfulness’.
PTM-Report Card Collection timings would be from 8:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.