Individual Education Plan (IEP)
An elaborate system is followed by the school to micro manage the academically weak students' progress by conducting an exhaustive case study. It comprises a SWOT analysis followed by tailor made solutions to build on strengths, minimise weaknesses and grasp opportunities to meet achievable laid down targets. The student’s present levels of academic performance, annual goals for the student and short-term instructional objectives related to the annual goals are important factors during the analysis. The process involving the teachers, parents and counsellors as also student buddies is developed over a period of time to provide a strong foundation to students. To make the most of the process and to ensure that their child will benefit adequately from special education services, parents are informed about the requirements of the IEP and how to work effectively with school personnel. A monthly counselling is conducted for all students and the IEP team meets fortnightly. The IEP system is as follows: -
- Identify academically weak students from each section of classes VI – VIII.
- Diagnose physical health, mental health and social behaviour.
- Carry out medical check up and IQ test by counsellors.
- Prepare case study sheet of child in consultation with parents to include history of child at home.
- Ascertain specific academic strengths and challenges in the subjects of Mathematics and English.
- Ascertain interest in vocational skills.
- Implement the tailor made IEP plan for the student.