A structured scholastic and career counselling plan is conducted by the school progressively introducing higher levels of achievement skills from Class VIII onwards. This widens the scope of the students' thought process, options available to them and skills required while assessing and developing their individual skills. These sessions graduate to skill assessment and counselling seminars for students and parents and finally home on to awareness about relevant educational institutions and opportunities available. The broad activities are as follows: -
Class VIII : Scholastic and Career Plan
- Students write about their dream career options.
- Students are introduced to the concept of goal setting to achieve their dream careers.
- These goals are then classified into short-term, mid-term and long-term goals with perspective plans towards achieving them spelt out.
- Motivational sessions are held regularly so that children remain focussed towards their goals.
Class IX : Steps For Better Career Planning
- Students explore their career choice to discover new facets and dimensions.
- Students identify academic courses which lead to fulfilment of their career choice.
- Students identify professional courses which focus towards their specific career choice.
- Students are also informed of careers which are not in the main domain but off-beat.
- Students are advised about the routes they can pursue to attain their chosen career.
- Students are taught techniques to deal with and overcome exam anxiety.
Class X : Career Counselling Programme
- The career counselling programme is conducted in five steps.
- Step 1 is Psychological Testing comprising Aptitude, Interest and Study Habit Tests.
- Step 2 is a Career Counselling Seminar which also includes a Learning Style Check and Multiple Intelligence Questionnaires.
- Step 3 is a Seminar for Parents.
- Step 4 comprises Individual Counselling by experts to motivate, fine tune and carry out mid course corrections, if any.
- Step 5 is the culmination with an elaborate individual report generated for each student.
Class XI & XII : Career and Academic Awareness
- Discussions are held on various career options highlighting requirements, career paths and routes to their attainment.
- Subject wise career options are spelt out so that every student is aware of the spectrum of opportunities available in each stream.
- Students are made aware of institutes, colleges and universities which offer various courses alongwith the test schedule, application deadlines, eligibility etc. for each course.
- An elaborate career notice board covering a broad spectrum is made and put up in the school for ready reference by students.